Thursday, July 10, 2008

Reflecting on Surrender



Prayer of Surrender
St. Ignatius

Talk, Lord, and receive
my liberty,
my memory,
my entire will, everything I have and call my own.

You gave me all these gifts,
and to you I return them.
Dispose them entirely to your will.
Give me only your love and grace. That is all I ask.
Amen.

My Prayer:

Take, Lord, and receive:
may every choice I make today bring me closer to you and the love you would have me share,
may every memory I have, of pain and joy, of sorrow and gladness, of suffering and mercy be filled with your grace,
may I turn every thought first to your love and may I use every gift and grace I have received to love you better every day.

There is nothing that I am or nothing that I have, which I have not received from you.
So order my heart and mind and soul to offer them back to you in all that I do, think and pray.
Help to open me to the emptiness of being so that your love and grace are all sufficient for my needs. If you would grant this all else that I ask would be unnecessary.
Amen.
Lord, I know none here comes easy. Pray these in my recalcitrant heart when I am at a loss of my own will to do so. Amen

No comments: