Monday, June 14, 2010

Prayer at a 30th Anniversary of Ordination to the Ministry

The head of staff at our Church celebrated 30 years of Ordained Ministry yesterday.
In gratitude and thanksgiving, I offered him the following prayer:


Teach me, O LORD, to follow your decrees;

then I will keep them to the end.
Give me understanding, and I will keep your law
and obey it with all my heart.
Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight.
(PS 119: 33-35)


As you turn your heart of prayer, in the coming thirty years, to study and to worship with God’s Word, may your prayerful heart continue to learn the truth of the Lord’s wisdom for your living. Many you continue to seek at prayer that deeper understanding of the presence of God written large upon your heart from most ancient days. And may you, in that ancient place of silent speaking, increase in wisdom and comfort of the Truth, so that in all the years to come, your path will find you delighting in the Lord all your days. Amen.


Congratulations. Thank you for your years of conscientious dedication and service among God’s people.

No comments: